It was a pleasure to be interviewed alongside these intelligent, game-changing ladies, and members of the Women Speaker Association.
What lights me up is using my voice, vision and heart to make a difference to humanity and helping others to do the same.
Through my business – Business 4 Social Good and the Social Good Academy – I teach, empower and motivate women entrepreneurs into action, to use their business as a force for good, making a difference in their community or globally. It’s about making profit WITH purpose.
I believe that most businesses want to make a difference and have some impact, but are unsure how or where to start.
So a game-changing strategy I’d like to share is to start thinking about the causes or issues (in your community or around the world) that make you mad or sad – the issues you wish someone would solve.
Is this a cause or issue your business can get behind and champion?
You need to stand for something!
You’ll then work toward integrating the cause into all levels of your company, so it becomes part of your company’s DNA.
How does my business benefit by doing good?
- When your business is doing well by doing good – everyone benefits – your employees, customers, community and stakeholders.
- Your bottom line improves (social good companies are more profitable) You feel good making a profit with purpose.
- Your workforce is more engaged and you’re able to attract top talent when your company stands for something.
- It’s a purpose your employees can get behind. They are searching for meaning and purpose in their life and jobs.
- And of course, your community benefits when you align with the cause you want to champion. Aligning to an organization (non-profit or charity) that is helping to solve the problem that resonates for you, makes everyone’s lives richer.
Here’s an example of a Social Good Academy graduate’s outcome:
She runs two businesses; a digital marketing company locally, and a luxury tourism dive company in the Soloman Islands.
She’s passionate about ocean conservation but couldn’t think of a way (as one person) to make an impact on this issue.
She discovered in the Social Good Academy program that she could lend her expertise to a local non-profit that provides ocean education and diving instruction to school-aged high school students. She helps them amplify their online presence, social media, and educational materials – so they can grow their programs and education about clean oceans/life underwater/conservation.
But even more interesting she discovered that gender equality was equally important to her and she hadn’t thought about that before.
So with the tourism company, she took a program they already had and strengthened it, to provide a scholarship for a young woman in the local community (Soloman Islands) for a scuba diving training and master certification course. Thereby providing her with work, life and business skills; which will help support her family. The student can now take those skills out into the world with confidence, resilience and optimism.
She is tackling Gender Equality with the scholarship program and contributing to the Life Under Water global goal as well.
Learn more about our programs and offerings here. We’d love to help you on your impact journey.